Advanced Powertrain Control Systems Engineer
Mountain View, CA
New Energy Staffing is recruiting an Advanced Powertrain Control Systems Engineer for a global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader. The open position is within the company’s passenger vehicle technology group that focuses on the design of charging systems, motor inverters, and other power needs of electrified transportation.
- Global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader.
- Billions of dollars in annual revenue
- Hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide
The primary responsibility of the Advanced Electric Powertrain Control Systems Engineer will be the implementation of advanced powertrain management:
- Controls strategy, architecture, and algorithm development for major projects
- Prototype and production design for electric propulsion applications - identifying, selecting and procuring components
- Collaborate with other teams on designing, implementing, debugging, and testing control & diagnostic algorithms for powertrain management
- Guiding and overseeing personnel in the coding/implementation of algorithms, internally and at external service providers when applicable
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering,etc.) or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 5+ years of controls system design/development in an EV/hybrid environment
- Preferred experience: rapid-prototyping tools such as dSPACE for control system development, automotive data buses- such as CAN, C/C++ development, GT Power and Simulink
Discreetly inquire about the position.
We understand that exploring new career opportunities can be a sensitive issue. New Energy Staffing and Recruiting will keep your interest in the position private. We will not share your name or detailed company work history without your permission. Send us your resume to learn more about the job and we'll work with you to determine if it's a good fit before passing your information along to anyone.
Interested in the Job? Please email your resume to Jobs@NewEnergyStaffing.com with "Advanced Powertrain Control Systems Engineer Job# 17611" in the subject line and we'll be in touch shortly with more info.