Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Indianapolis, IN Area
New Energy Staffing is recruiting a Senior Power Electronics Engineer for a global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader. The open position is within the company’s passenger vehicle technology group that focuses on the design of charging systems, motor inverters, and other power needs of electrified transportation.
- Global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader.
- Billions of dollars in annual revenue
- Hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide
- Perform a wide range of engineering work covering design, manufacturing, test and validation, etc.
- Includes work with Hardware, Power Engineering, Power Electronic Engineering, Electromagnetic Engineering, Integrated Circuit Engineering, Components or others
- Review application specs and requirements, and manage development designs to best support
- Develop budget, cost and schedule guidelines for design assignments.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in existing products or systems and make modifications as needed
- Minor travel required
- 5-8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2-5+ years of related experience with a Master’s degree/PhD
- Excellent understanding of analog and digital circuits, power amplifiers, simulation and signal integrity
- Knowledge and understanding of DC, stepper, brushless DC, and AC motors, along with motor driver and control circuits
- Working knowledge of PCB design principles and associated design tools
- Knowledge in applying and controlling pumps, fans, transducers, sensors and other common electro-mechanical automotive components
- Hands-on troubleshooting skills to the component level
- Knowledge of UL, CSA, and CE Standards
- Excellent understanding power devices including IGBTs and power MOSFETs and capabilities emerging technology such as wide band gap devices
- Problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering to arrive at practical solutions
- Ability to work alone or in teams in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and cross-functional teams
- Engineering documentation skills including product specifications, test procedures, analytical reports, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Discreetly inquire about the position.
We understand that exploring new career opportunities can be a sensitive issue. New Energy Staffing and Recruiting will keep your interest in the position private. We will not share your name or detailed company work history without your permission. Send us your resume to learn more about the job and we'll work with you to determine if it's a good fit before passing your information along to anyone.
Interested in the Job? Please email your resume to Jobs@NewEnergyStaffing.com with "Senior Power Electronics Engineer Job# 017302" in the subject line and we'll be in touch shortly with more info.