Electrical Engineer II
San Francisco Bay Area
New Energy Staffing is recruiting a Electrical Engineer II for a global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader. The open position is within the company’s passenger vehicle technology group that focuses on the design of charging systems, motor inverters, and other power needs of electrified transportation.
- Global advanced technology engineering and manufacturing leader.
- Billions of dollars in annual revenue
- Hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide
- Perform a range of engineering work designing electrical subsystems for automotive components.
- Work with the senior staff in electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to define design requirements
- Evaluate technologies and develop modular, scalable electrical design elements, spanning sensors, safety, motion control, communication, and processing
- Participate in quality improvement and supplier relations approach using customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Select and design electrical components, design PCBs and cables, help define packaging
- Develop and execute design verification tests
- Assist with user manuals and software documentation
- 3+ years of related experience with a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Automotive electronics development experience preferred
- Understanding of analog and digital circuits, power amplifiers, simulation and signal integrity
- Working knowledge of PCB design principles and associated design tools
- Knowledge of relevant engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks including SolidWorks 3D CAD experience, Mentor Graphics PADS PCB design tools, and Altium PCB design tools
- Hands-on troubleshooting skills to the component level
- Knowledge of UL, CSA, and CE Standards
- Problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering to arrive at practical solutions
- Ability to work alone or in teams in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and cross-functional teams
- Engineering documentation skills including product specifications, test procedures, analytical reports, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Discreetly inquire about the position.
We understand that exploring new career opportunities can be a sensitive issue. New Energy Staffing and Recruiting will keep your interest in the position private. We will not share your name or detailed company work history without your permission. Send us your resume to learn more about the job and we'll work with you to determine if it's a good fit before passing your information along to anyone.
Interested in the Job? Please email your resume to Jobs@NewEnergyStaffing.com with "Electrical Engineer II Job# 017303" in the subject line and we'll be in touch shortly with more info.